Apple has released a new update for Remote Desktop Admin. This program, which allows you to manage multiple Macs on a network. It has just been updated to version 3.5.1 to fix some bugs. Apple Remote Desktop 3 ( Mac App Store – € 62.99 ) is a management tool for Mac computers in your network. Distribute software, provide real-time online help to end users, create detailed software and hardware reports, automate routine management tasks: they become all things you can do without leaving your desk.
- Installs easily one or more Apple format packages on your computer.
- Set up a Task Server which will provide assistance to install packages on computers offline.
- The copy operations are up to 11 times faster than previous versions of Apple Remote Desktop.
- Choose whether to encrypt network data when copying packages and files.
- Specifies how much bandwidth you want to assign to the copy operations.
Asset management and reporting
- Run fast searches on networks of Mac computers with Remote Spotlight Search.
- Get information on more than 200 hardware features of Mac OS X network.
- View reports on user login and application use.
- Use a Task Server to assemble inventory reports even from mobile systems not connected to the network.
- Run over ten commands securely on remote Mac OS X systems.
- Choose from various operations, for example, lock the screen, put it to sleep, wake, restart and turn off the Mac OS X systems.
- Run shell scripts and UNIX commands on client systems.
- Configure the startup disk of remote computers that start from a NetBoot or NetInstall image.
- Watch and control your Mac
- Transfer files between Macs via drag and drop the remote.
- Copy and paste information between different computers.
- View system status indicators differentiated by color to get details on available disk space, memory and CPU utilization.
- Prevent users from seeing the screen while you control how their computers with the Curtain.
- Check your computers with support Virtual Network Computing (VNC), including Windows, Linux and UNIX.
- Automate routine management tasks using Automator in Mac OS X.
- Start using immediately automation: choose from over 40 ready-made actions.
- Connect various actions to create powerful administrative workflows.
- Combine actions with those of other applications to achieve end-to-end.
- Save workflows as plug-ins to create simple, customized interfaces to Apple Remote Desktop features.