With this guide, you will be able to upgrade AT&T LG Nitro HD P930 or the LG Optimus LTE SU640 to Android 4.0.4 ICS with CyanogenMod 9. Please note that this guide might not apply with other phones so beware when following the guide.
Note: Following the guide at your own risk, we do not respond to any damage to the phone.
- AT&T LG Nitro HD P930 or LG Optimus LTE SU640 rooted and with ClockworkMod Recovery installed (further guide from here)
- Download the CM9
- Download GApps (Google Apps) package (gapps-ics-20120317-signed.zip, md5sum: dc560aa235e8dd8cb00df0cefb5abd38) from here.
- Backup all personal data
Instruction to upgrade to Android 4.0:
- Copy the CyanogenMod 9 ROM and GApps Package ZIP files to your phone’s internal SD card.
- Reboot your LG Nitro HD into ClockworkMod Recovery. You can do that by pressing and holding down the Volume Down key and Power button until you will be prompted if you would like to perform factory reset. Press the Power button twice to enter ClockworkMod Recovery
- NOTE: While in recovery, use the Volume keys to navigate and the Home button to select an option.
- Create a NANDroid backup of your current ROM. Go to Backup and Restore and select Backup on the next screen. Wait as your phone creates a backup of your ROM.
- Perform a full wipe by doing the following:
- Select Wipe data/factory reset and confirm the action on the next screen.
- Select Wipe cache partition and confirm the action on the next screen.
- Go back to the main menu and select Advanced. From there, select Wipe Dalvik cache and confirm the action on the next screen.
- Go to Mounts and Storage and select Format system
- Return to the main menu and select Install ZIP from SD card, then select Choose ZIP from SD card.
- Locate and select the file cm-9.0.0-p930.zip. Confirm the installation by selecting Yes – cm-9.0.0-p930.zip on the next screen.
- Once the installation is complete, follow step 5, then locate and select the file gapps-ics-20120317-signed.zip and confirm on the next screen.
- Go back to the main menu and select Reboot system now to restart your phone.
More related posts
Incoming search terms:
- lg nitro android 4 0 upgrade how to
- lg su640 android OS upgrade
- p930 rom upgrade