Previously I have posted that Dev Team has begun testing the new Ultrasn0w update to unlock iPhone and now the update is released for the public, 1.2.1 version. This version can be used to unlock iPhone 4 and 3GS with basebands previously unlocked.
This is the message of Dev Team about the new features of Ultrasn0w 1.2.1:
We’ve pushed out the 4.3.1 compatibility fix for ultrasn0w in Cydia — it’s now at version 1.2.1. If you’re not already at 4.3.1 and you need the unlock, please be sure you understand how to get to 4.3.1 using a custom IPSW that doesn’t update your baseband.
This isn’t a new unlock! It’s to allow those who are already unlocked to use FW 4.3.1. It also fixes the signal bar issue for those who aren’t using the unlock but retain an older baseband intentionally.
AFTER INSTALLING ULTRASN0W 1.2.1, PLEASE REBOOT YOUR iPHONE using the normal “slide to power off” swipe. T-Mobile users in the USA also should disable 3G mode in Settings->General->Network.
This new version is to fix the signal bar issues with jailbroken device with baseband 01.59.00 / 04.26.08 / 05.11.07 / 05.12.01 / 05.13.04 / 06.15.00. on iOS 4.3.1 using PwnageTool or Sn0wbreeze.
If you want to know how to unlock iPhone 4/3GS with Ultrasn0w 1.2.1, Redmon Pie has done it all:
Step 1: First up, you will have to jailbreak your iPhone 4 or 3GS on iOS 4.3.1 and preserve the old baseband using either PwnageTool on Mac, or Sn0wbreeze on Windows. Instructions on how to jailbreak iOS 4.3.1 using PwnageTool can be found here, and for Sn0wbreeze can be found here.
Step 2: Once you are done with the jailbreak, you can now unlock your iPhone on the supported basebands using Ultrasn0w 1.2.1 from Cydia. To do this:
- Start “Cydia” on your iPhone.
- Touch on “Manage” tab on the bottom.
- Now touch on “Sources” as seen in the screenshot below:
- Touch on “Edit” and then on “Add”. You will be prompted to enter a url source as seen in the screenshot below. Type “http://repo666.ultrasn0w.com” and touch on“Add Source” to add this repo if you haven’t already.
Cydia will now automatically update your sources by following a series of automated steps.
- After installation is completed. Search for “ultrasn0w 1.2.1” in Cydia and install this application. This app will automatically unlock your iPhone so that you can use it with any carrier.
Step 3: Now simply restart your iPhone and voila! you should now have a fully unlocked iPhone 4 or 3GS, running iOS 4.3.1 !