It has been quite long for Droid R2D2 to see software update for their devices. It has been since last September that we have Android 2.3 Gingerbread update. For good will, now we have another update to version 4.5.622 but unluckily, it is not Android 4.o ICS.
This update has improved several important performance of the device including security, web browser, navigator, and more.
Here are the features of the update:
- Enhanced security with DigiNotar security patch.
- Increased browser cross-application scripting for enhanced multitasking stability.
- Device will no longer automatically power on after it has been powered off.
- Device is enabled with the Wireless Alerting System.
- Successfully download and save purchased MP3 ringtones.
- Camera settings will be saved, even after the device is powered off.
- Increased device stability when keypad is opened and closed repeated
- Improved 3G data connectivity while using the Mobile Hotspot.
- App shortcuts remain on the home screen after moving them from internal to external memory.
- VZ Navigator is now updated to version 184.108.40.2062.
- V CAST Apps is now updated to version 220.127.116.11.
- Successfully play WAV files.
- Contact groups will sort correctly.
- Successfully add application shortcuts or widgets to the home panel without error.
- Fixed issue where duplicate text and multimedia messages were being received.
- Improved ability to access and receive Gmail messages when the Mobile Hotspot is turned on.
- Improved syncing with Yahoo! email.
- Forwarded emails will no longer remain in the outbox when Smart
- Forwarding is enabled.